Monday, June 8, 2009

Giving God Credit

Though I try to keep it in proper proportion, right now is a great time to be a sports fan. The NBA Finals are compelling, baseball is heating up, camps are opening up in the NFL and I'm even headed out to a drag race laster this month. It's amazing to watch athlete compete at a level you could only dream of and to exercise abilities God has given them, whether they acknowledge Him as the source or not. It's especially thrilling to follow an athlete who professes Christ as Savior. (I intentionally keep from knowing about any believers who attend the School Up North so I won't feel compelled to root for any player.) However, there is one trend that bothers me a bit, lately:

First of all, I want to thank God, for without Him, none of this would have been possible.

What do you think?

Is there a better way to seek to glorify God?

Are there lessons for us to consider?

I'll attempt to break down some of my thoughts through the week.

No comments: