Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Francis Chan to Pastors


From the conclusion of a Neue interview:

I would just say, get back to Scripture. Read it like you've never read it before. Read it to change your life and not just put together a sermon. Admit your fears to God. I'm scared of doing things. I know there is a system of "doing church" that works and will get people in the doors, and even keep them. But at the end of the day, I know that God asks for so much more, but getting there requires some risk. I've told God I'm scared. I've told God that this works--as far as doing church--the way that other do it, but I know there is more and he has to get rid of these insecurities in me and get me to start taking steps of faith again. So I would encourage people to do the same.

Get back to the Word.
See how God is leading you.
Pray for the courage to do it.

No comments: