Monday, January 4, 2010

Charting the Course

One thing that fascinates me about the glory of God is the absolute diversity of His creation. Not only are there amazing types of animals and plants, but even by those stamped with His own image, there is amazing diversity. I'm always amazed by those who have minds built for charts, grids and columns. (My mind just doesn't work in this way.) I also praise God for the grace He gives people, for I know my scattered approach is not a joy for very many.

I was reminded of my inability to really chart things well when I recently saw a chart from Graeme Goldworthy on Justin Taylor's blog. Though I know the story line, I started at the chart for quite a while trying to figure out what it was saying. (And to be honest, don't think I have figured it out yet!)

However, charts may not be the problem, for I found this one by this one by Tim Stevens to be quite simple:



(Of course, I also noted the need to add Maid-rites to the chart!)

No comments: